Happy First Day of Fall! In honor of my favorite season, I started the morning off right with one of my favorite pastries. Scones! And the ultimate combo: a raspberry white chocolate match made in heaven! These are literally the best scones I've ever made, all thanks to Rock Recipes!
RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE SCONES RECIPE
Hands down the best scones I've ever made! Thanks Rock Recipes!
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 40 mins
3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
6 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup very cold butter, cubed
6 ounces good quality chopped white chocolate
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1½ cups frozen raspberries
- I start these in my food processor because it is so fast but they can be made just as easily in a large bowl by cutting the butter in with a pastry blender or even 2 knifes held between the fingers.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pulse in the cold butter until this mixture resembles a coarse meal. It is very important that pea sized pieces of butter remain in this mixture.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss in the white chocolate.
- Mix together the lemon juice, vanilla extract ans milk.
- Pour this over the surface of the dry mixture. Toss all together gently with a fork only enough to form a dough ball.
- When the flour is almost incorporated, add the frozen raspberries.
- Frozen berries work best because they are less delicate and easier to incorporate into the scone dough.
- It is important that you work this dough as little as possible or the finished scones will be too dense and heavy.
- Roll to 1 inch thickness and cut out scones with biscuit cutter or in triangles with a sharp knife and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- If desired you can brush the tops of the scones with an egg wash of 1 egg beaten together with 1 tbsp water.
- You can sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar if desired but this is, of course, optional.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your biscuit cutter.
Drooling yet? I don't know about y'all but for me, butter is mandatory with scones! So yummy!
I can definitely attest to my hubby's full, content belly. I've already had two with coffee!
What is your favorite kind of scone? Got a killer combination? We'd love to hear about it!
maQ went crazy over the aroma in our apartment. It smells like the most divine bakery right now! Don't you love that after baking? :) We hope, whatever you decide to do to enjoy the first day of Autumn, is a happy, delicious one! We plan to get outside after work! Cheers to the best season!
Love & xx's,
maQ + suz