That's right! You've heard it here first folks- my German Shepherd, maQ has over 2,500 followers on Instagram! Never seen his feed? We got tons of portraits, goofy bloopers & videos, and all those heart-warming, fuzzy and glorious moments for any dog lover! You can check us out @maq_life over on IG!
This deserves a celebration! Seriously though, I can't thank each and every one of you enough for all your love and support. It is so amazing getting to know some of you. I've even met a few of our fellow Instagram followers in person and am so delighted in the idea of making new friends via social media. We literally have friends from all around the globe! From South Africa to Australia, to NJ and Cali, we have sheppy friends everywhere we go! In honor of our followers, I wanted to make something special for my fur baby.
maQ is a life-size wolf and horks down dog biscuits like it's his job. Since I spend so much money on trying a variety of dog treats, and not knowing what ingredients are really going into my poochie's delicate belly, after awhile I figured why not make my own? I can make them by the bulk and for way less than the prices at any retail store. Plus, I know exactly what kind of ingredients I'm using and they're truly healthy for maQ! You know what really made my day? These cookie cutters from Sur La Table. I went down to Soho in search of a dog bone-shaped cutter along with something a little more unique and creative. Lo and behold they had GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG cookie cutters! I literally gasped while in the store when I discovered them! I I searched deep in every nook and cranny before finding it. Luckily, I got the last one! It was totally satisfying, ha ha! No surprise they're popular... check out how freaking adorable they are! I wish I could send these cookies to all my furriends! I did get a chance to share a few with some of maQ's doggy buddies and they too loved the heck outta em'!
Since I've never made dog treats before, I'm using a recipe from http://damndelicious.net/2015/01/07/homemade-peanut-butter-dog-treats/ This was a huge success, to say at the very least! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
The easiest homemade dog treats ever - simply mix, roll and cut. Easy peasy, and so much healthier than store-bought!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.
*Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats. Serving size will also vary depending on the desired shapes and cookie cutters used.
Adapted from use real butter
Please like, share and comment below! If you've got a snazzy dog treat recipe, we'd love to hear from you!
Wishing you all a lovely Thursday, friends!
Love & xx's,
maQ + suz