You've made it midweek and deserve an adult treat! Even though I'm not much of a drinker, my French hubby loves cocktails and was more than happy to be my guinea pig. Blood oranges are all the rage and a complementary fit for spring cocktails with its tasty, citrusy flavor. I wanted something acidic to go with the tartness from the Korean soju and the color from the oranges is gorgeous. Pretty in pink, this sexy adult beverage is playful and luxurious, and will keep your taste buds desiring more! The perfect mixology of sinful, sugary tang! And what's sweeter than a heavenly scoop of good ole fashioned vanilla ice cream, on top?! If you're a fan of floats, you won't want to miss out on trying this dreamy Korean fusion concoction! Don't forget to download recipe below. Oh! And MaQ sends his love (and approval) of these drinks as well! 😉🍹💕
Korean Soju Blood Orange Cream Soda Floats
1 cup raw cane sugar
4 blood oranges, juiced and the zest of 2
1 tsp lemon juice
8 oz Charm Korean Soju
Club soda or sparkling water
Vanilla ice cream
- Combine sugar, blood orange juice and zest, and lemon juice in a small pot over medium heat. Bring mixture to low boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 1 hour.
- As an option, strain the now syrupy mixture through a sieve to remove zest and pulp. Keep sealed and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Measure 1 1/4 cup of blood orange syrup and soju into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until mixed through. Pour into 4 serving glasses.
- Top with club soda until it reaches about 1 1/2 inches from the top of the glass. Stir briefly to combine.
- Top the float with ice cream and serve immediately.