Yesterday's post was all about me and my mother's style intertwined together. As a two-part story, today I'm writing about the perfect gift idea for Mother's Day. And more specifically, how to create a bouquet and how to arrange flowers while doing so! You see, my mother had the green thumb of the family. Growing up as a kid, I had little to no interest in flowers or gardening. I wondered why my mother loved spending so much time in hers.
But now as an adult, I've become more like my mother and have a huge passion for floral work and design. Anything involving plant life, I'm down for. If my mother was still here, my gift to her would be just the two of us creating bouquets and arranging flowers together. She taught me a lot about flowers and so in today's story I'll be giving you a few pointers on how-to's when it comes to DIY!
- Add two kinds of greenery
- Fill vase with cold water
- Grind 2 aspirin pills to easily dissolve in water (did you know that putting in 2 aspirins in any bouquet will keep your flowers alive longer?) Go ahead and sprinkle that magic in!
- Measure flowers, trim to desired height and place in vase
- Remove leaves from stems so they aren't in water
- Fill in empty spots
- And voila!
You can also check out my YouTube video down below for a full tutorial on how to create a bouquet! Thank you so much, Starbright Floral Design, for your gorgeous, intoxicating flowers! I used white and pink lilies, some Holland tulips, eucalyptus, and purple snap dragons. Want to create your own? Use my discount code 'MaQSuz' to get $10 off your purchase from Starbright!