Wrapping up on Day 6 of New York Fashion Week this season, I’m starting off with a week of outfits! I wanted to share a range of my personal style for you guys! Staying true to my maximalist rebellious tendencies, I played print on print, bold vibrant color and different era contrasts, for example: The 40s with a modern vibe. And lots of different fabrics, such as sequin, tweed, velvet, cashmere and more. So stop for a few - take a peek and let me know what what your favorite look from the past week! Stay tuned for more fashion week content, my regular roundup of the shows I attended and this year I’ll be sharing a beauty trend report from what I saw backstage! Keep your eyes peeled, it’s all going down in the next couple of days before I head off to London Fashion Week! xx
We’re back to another work week! I a lot of the times love starting the week dressed up in a pantsuit/powersuit to get things going, along with feeling pretty damn confident in them, but sometimes, especially with all the dreary, rainy weather we’ve been having here in New York, you just gotta brighten up your days with some color! I’m not one to ever normally wear pink, but stepping out of my comfort zone is better than always playing safe, both in life and in fashion! Continue reading to check out the sporty chic look, one where my hubby/photographer couldn’t stop affectionately referring me as, ‘Pinkie’, as well as direct shopping links.
Even though there’s a bit of feminine references within this outfit, (i.e; the pink makeup, flower earrings, etc;) I still wanted to keep it sporty chic. But before we get into how I styled it this way, I want to share a little bit about the makeup first. The latest lipstick that I can’t get enough of is the PillowPout Creamy Plumping Lip Powder from Buxom. It’s a unique, instantly-plumping lip powder that delivers a blotted, semi-matte finish for an all-day, comfortable wear. Thanks to its innovative wet powder technology and mess-free sponge applicator, this weightless, pout-plumping pigment glides seamlessly across lips to deliver rich color that never feels dry or tight. The smudge-proof formula provides a soft and sexy stained effect that stays put for up to eight hours-no matter what you get up to during the day or night. Available in ten vivid shades designed to build to your perfect coverage, ranging from subtle nudes to bold berries. I’m wearing ‘Soft Whisper’ and it’s the perfect pinkie nude for a medium/olive skin tone. The Urban Decay Naked Cherry Palette I’ve shared in the past before (HERE and HERE) and I just can’t say enough amazing things about this eyeshadow palette. It’s berry berri-fic, and also has some fantastic browns and peachy/pinks - all super duper amazing to play around with.
The earrings are from a sweet shop call SMTH (Small Things) where these flower droplet earrings come in a variety of colors. I’m wearing the lavender/pink set and think they look so cute with this outfit. I kept the remaining accessories fun yet sporty, with metallic pink sneakers and a holographic crossbody bag. To add an extra pop, I wore a pair of pink cateye sunglasses which are such a statement. These light yet sparkly playful pieces work well with the biggest contrast of this look: the ombre purple denim jeans.
A purple-tinted wash gives staple stretch skinnies a fresh, unexpected twist. I’m completely obsessed with my new pair of jeans by STS Blue. I definitely think the key to not going overboard on the pink and looking like a fluffy marshmallow, was a strong contrast. Purple does look awfully good with pinks, and the unique ombre situation blends well with the holographic bag and metallic sneakers. But most of all, I’m crazy for this light pink faux fur pink coat! You can layer it up and do a lot of different looks with this statement piece, but I chose to keep it more casual than dressy because that’s how I do me most of the time! Wishing you a great week, friends!
LOVE & XX’S,
SHOP THE LOOK
FOLLOW MAQ + SUZ
OTHER SIMILAR POSTS
Happy Monday! It's a rainy morning here in New York and after compiling and sorting through all the questions from this past week on Instagram, I've decided to do more regular posts answering your questions through my blog rather than social media. Reason being is for the sole purpose of having enough space to answer everything. You only get so many characters on your captions on IG! I was initially selecting and answering 10-theme questions every Sunday on my Instagram, but after some consideration, I think it'll be much more effective on here. So without further ado, let's jump into some questions! This week's theme is inspired by Vogue's 73 Questions, where I went through them myself and did one for you! Since there were a ton of similar questions within this questionnaire from you guys, I thought it was a perfect way to start the new week and also getting the chance to know me better! So come along and take a quick read! Fun and easy :)
1. What’s your favorite movie? Fried Green Tomatoes
2. Favorite movie in the past five years? The Shape of Water
3. Favorite Hitchcock film? Psycho
4. A book you plan on reading? Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you? Lord of the Flies by William Goulding
6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on? Sharp Objects
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? 8
8. iPhone or Android? iPhone
9. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now? Jamie Beck from @annestreetstudio
11. What’s your favorite food? Korean
12. Least favorite food? Tripe. I. Just. Can't.
13. What do you love on your pizza? Green pepper, mushroom, onion & black olives. My fav combo.
14. Favorite drink? Cherry Coke
15. Favorite dessert? Chocolate cake
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark
17. Coffee or tea? Coffee
18. Lace or latex? Latex
19. What’s your favorite band? The Rolling Stones
20. Favorite solo artist? Al Green
21. Favorite song? Rich Girl by Hall & Oates or Sign My Name by Terence Trent D'Arby, or Tom Petty's, American Girl. Hard to choose just one!!!
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Ha ha, Eminem!
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Piano.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? On my spine.
25. To be or not to be? To be.
26. Dogs or cats? Dogs.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Bird-watching, but much rather prefer people watching.
28. Best gift you’ve ever received? My beautiful German shepherd, MaQ.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given? A sterling silver card holder from Tiffany.
30. Last gift you gave a friend? Lotion
31. What’s your favorite board game? Monopoly
32. What’s your favorite country to visit? Ukraine.
33. What’s the last country you visited? UK.
34. What country do you wish to visit? South Korea.
35. What’s your favorite color? Toss up between black and green.
36. Least favorite color? Pink.
37. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
38. Heels or flats? Heels.
39. Pilates or yoga? Neither? HAHA! If I had to pick then yoga.
40. Jogging or swimming? Swimming.
41. Best way to de-stress? Read a book.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be? Telepathy
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Oeuvre.
44. What’s your favorite flower? White lily.
45. When was the last time you cried? Last week.
46. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes.
47. Do you bake? Yes.
48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My impatience.
49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself? My relentlessness.
50. Who do you miss most? My parents.
51. What are you listening to right now? Uptown Funk.
52. Favorite smell? Bergamot.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My husband.
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to? My girlfriend.
55. A sport you wish you could play? Polo, but I can't ride horses to save my life!
56. Hair color? Originally jet black, now I'm almost blonde.
57. Eye color? Dark brown.
58. Scary film or happy endings? Scary film.
59. Favorite season? Fall.
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Lisa Ling, Michelle Kwan, and Frida Kahlo.
61. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? RS
63. Where were you born? California.
64. What is the farthest you have been from home? Ukraine.
65. Sweet or savory? Savory.
66. Lipstick or lip gloss? Lipstick.
67. What book have you read again and again? Anything by Murakami and Bukowski.
68. Favorite bedtime story? The Princess Bride.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography? Sorry, can't fully answer this as it conflicts with what I'm currently working on! And NO, it's not an autobiography, but definitely within that realm.
70. Favorite sound? Rain.
71. Favorite animal? German shepherds, or dogs in general.
72. Who is your girl crush? Natalie Imbruglia.
73. Last photograph you took? An art mural.
LOVE & XX'S,
SHOP THE LOOK
FOLLOW MAQ + SUZ
OTHER SIMILAR POSTS
THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY RAMONA.
It's wine... but cooler. What is pink, keeps you hydrated and happy? Meet Ramona, the lovechild of a mimosa and an Aperol Spritz. If you're a fan of Aperol Spritzing and something more citrusy like grapefruit, then this is the drink for you. Ramona is a ruby grapefruit wine spritz made with organic Zibibbo grapes grown in Western Sicily. Bright, aromatic, and refreshing, it doesn't need a glass, a bottle opener, or an occasion to drink it. Continue reading to see me chilling in my very own pool on my rooftop (I'm super ballin' haha!) and to learn more about this great new summer drink you all need to know about!
Ramona is an organic, all-natural, gluten-free and vegan wine spritz. And I do enjoy a little something citrusy during the hot summer months, not too much of a drinking those super sweet fruity cocktails, and this wine spritz is legit - so refreshing and tasty! I even took full advantage of my favorite summertime hangout spot, my rooftop with a kiddie pool shaped as an elephant. Yep, you read that correctly, lol. We just got through our first heat wave this summer here in New York, so it was perfect timing to unwind with drinks and a pool all to myself! You can safely guess I received a few tan lines from this super fun shoot!
The brand was also sweet enough to send me a summer kit, including of course their drinks that I love (seriously though, low in alcohol and the best fizzy drink out there right now), a pair of really cute pink sunnies, straws, sweet and sour grapefruit candy, this adorable fruit bag from ban.do that is also a cooler, and this mini-inflatable drink holder shaped as a grapefruit. My bikini is from Victoria's Secret (I linked a similar one for $19.99 from Target here) and I kept my hair tied back with a mustard yellow bandana. Who else loves to tie scarves, ribbons, bandanas into their hair? I think it's a great summer accessory. The kiddie pool is from H2OGO!™ and you can bet I'll be using this bad boy again - especially on those hot sweltering days here in the city!